Posted 5 May 2021
At Digital Identity Net we are empowering everyone to control their online identity. Our digital identity solution, OneID®, allows people in the UK to prove who they are online.
We are building a diverse team to make a positive impact on society, by simplifying and securing peoples digital lives. We value our people and the unique perspectives they each bring. If you want to make a difference and use digital identity to improve society, we want to hear from you regardless of experience or qualifications.
We have specific vacancies open but welcome submissions from anyone who believes they share our vision and can contribute to our team.
We are looking for someone to work with our software engineers to influence the design of our services and help us define and satisfy our Service Level Objectives.
We are a small team which uses agile ways of working to deliver a service which works for all our users and operators. We primarily run our services in the Google Cloud Platform and aim to make the best use of features provided by the platform as possible.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with software engineers in the design and delivery of software which meets our scalability, latency and availability goals
- Support the organisation as we adopt the SRE methodology e.g., by participating in workshops to define our Service Level Objectives
- Develop our observability and monitoring capabilities to provide meaningful actionable feedback to operators of the service
- Participate in our out-of-hours support rota (yet to be established)
- Automate our processes e.g. to provide robust repeatable software releases and rollbacks
What we are looking for in you:
- You are a collaborator, generous about sharing what you know and always open to learning from others
- You are pragmatic, take action, and make decisions when faced with uncertainty
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in working with Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with systems which orchestrate containers e.g. GCP Cloud Run, Kubernetes
- Be able to write documented infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform, Puppet
- Producing tested software in the Go programming language, or an interest in learning Go
- Knowledge of core web technologies and how they are secured
We are committed to supporting career progression, and our competitive salary includes flexible working, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, and an attractive package of personal & social benefits. By joining us you will be joining a small team of bright, passionate and enthusiastic people working to change the future.
If you don’t quite fit the above but think you will be great in this position then let us know, we’d love to hear from you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please submit your application using our form below detailing which role you're applying for, a covering letter for the role, your current salary and a PDF attachment of your CV.