Posted 5 May 2021
At Digital Identity Net we are empowering everyone to control their online identity. Our digital identity solution, OneID®, allows people in the UK to prove who they are online.
We are building a diverse team to make a positive impact on society, by simplifying and securing peoples digital lives. We value our people and the unique perspectives they each bring. If you want to make a difference and we want to hear from you regardless of experience or qualifications.
We have specific vacancies open but welcome submissions from anyone who believes they share our vision and can contribute to our team.
Our backend is implemented in Go (golang) as a set of microservices which speak gRPC and runs on Google’s Cloud Run platform. We document our evolving architecture in a set of architecture decision records. Our service has continuous deployment and all our infrastructure is defined in code.
We are looking for someone to join our developer team as we get ready for pilot and wider launch later this year. We’re a small multidisciplinary team with a supportive culture, we’re always learning and improving.
What you will be doing:
- Development (Golang) – producing tested, working code that is understood by your peers
- Agile ways of working – active participant and see the value of working following agile principles
- Cloud (Google Cloud Platform) – working with cloud technologies, we use Google Cloud Platform
- Documentation – writing technical documentation when it’s needed and communicate technical concepts to colleagues in front of a whiteboard or over a video call
- Remote working – working and collaborating with remote team members
- Support – participate in our out-of-hours support rota (yet to be established)
What we are looking for in you:
- You are a collaborator, generous about sharing what you know and always open to learning from others
- You are pragmatic, take action, and make decisions when faced with uncertainty
Qualification & Experience:
- Producing tested software in the Go programming language, or a keen interest in learning Go
- Experience in working with public cloud technology, ideally Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of core web technologies and how they are secured
We are committed to supporting career progression, and our competitive salary includes flexible working, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, and an attractive package of personal & social benefits. By joining us you will be joining a small team of bright, passionate and enthusiastic people working to change the future.
If you don’t quite fit the above but think you will be great in this position then let us know, we’d love to hear from you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please submit your application using our form below detailing which role you're applying for, a covering letter for the role, your current salary and a PDF attachment of your CV.